We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
The AP & Treasury Specialist I will support the Finance Department Team. This individual will be collaborating closely with the accountants and will contribute to other functions in the department. The AP & Treasury Specialist I must be meticulous, organized, and have leadership capabilities. This role will be ever-changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded. In addition, the position will be responsible for minimal office duties at HQ.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers weekly Accounts Payables for multiple companies
- Ensures all AP processing follows company policies & processes and ensures documentation is properly attached and filed
- Manages cash transactions, debit card and bank reconciliations
- Assists with quarterly inventory sample counts
- Assist and coordinates end-of-month close, financial reconciliations, and reporting functions as requested
- Manage expense reports – T&E Reports audit and payment processing
- Research disputes and other vendor issues; resolves in the system
- Reconcile vendor statements and ensure all records match
- Maintain the vendor master file in the ERP, ensuring all new vendors submit a W-9, so that the correct Tax ID, addresses, and phone numbers for vendors are obtained
- Processes weekly ACH/WIRE and check payments for vendors
- Communicates payment confirmations to respective parties
- Assists with managing recurring payments, auto payments, and special arrangements
- Assists with the daily department flow and operations
- Collaborates with the team and external departments
- Participates in a variety of special projects and process improvement activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all job functions with attention to detail, required speed, and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment
- Lead by example and ensure that your team executes the game plan laid out for them
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate activities across multiple locations and properties simultaneously.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Constantly: Walking, sitting at a desk, grasping/gripping, bending/stooping/squatting, finger dexterity, computer input, coordination of hand and eye.
- Frequently: Standing for long periods, climbing stairs, and twisting.
- Occasionally: Reaching above shoulder height, lifting up to 50 lbs., ability to push/pull motions.
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, specifically with AP and Treasury-related functions or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of GAAP and IFRS preferred
- Knowledge and experience with ERP Systems, Sage Intacct a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Valid California Driver’s License
$23.00 – $26.50 / hour
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
StateHouse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
StateHouse complies with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.