We are an innovative, fully-vertical cannabis company recognized for shattering stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry. With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern, strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of our people.
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable team members to ensure a quality experience with every interaction.
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our customers.
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by reinforcing the “we” in our efforts and removing the “they”.
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and enrichment of our teams.
The Retail Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations of the retail business unit. This includes overseeing the financial reporting process, developing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, managing the general ledger, and ensuring compliance with accounting regulations. The Retail Accounting Manager will also oversee the work of accounting staff and liaise with other departments, such as sales and operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting operations of the retail business.
- Develops and maintains accounting policies and procedures.
- Manages the general ledger and ensures the accuracy of all financial data.
- Drive completion of the month-end close processes.
- Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Oversees and manages the work of accounting staff and provides guidance as needed.
- Manages the year-end audit process and liaises with auditors as needed.
- Ensures compliance with accounting regulations and industry standards.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and forecasting process.
- Liaises with other departments, such as sales and operations, to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Analyses financial data and provides recommendations for financial improvement.
- Participates in the development and implementation of new accounting systems and processes.
- Analyzes and reports on the economics of individual locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of key activities within the monthly and annual financial closing and audit processes.
- Highly motivated and organized with strong attention to detail and analytical skills to help solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintaining confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercising sound business judgment.
- Ability to keep updated with financial policies, practices, and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deal with deadlines.
- Constantly: Walking, sitting at a desk, grasping/gripping, bending/stooping/squatting, finger dexterity, computer input, coordination of hand and eye.
- Occasionally: Standing for long periods, climbing stairs, and twisting.
- Occasionally: Reaching above shoulder height, lifting 20-30 lbs., ability to push/pull.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum 4 years experience with at least 2 years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
$115000 / year
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
StateHouse provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
StateHouse complies with federal and state disability laws and may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.